Friday, July 19, 2013


    Just me and the teen for most of it. Me trying to get the teen out and about{off that social online gaming world}. Broken up with visits from and outings with his friends and his Dad taking him to footy, films, camping. Why can he spend time with his dad and give it the title 'Dad Time', when he doesn't want to be seen with me even in the front garden. Oh that's right, I'm the one that tells him to put shoes on when he goes out, to brush his teeth, have a break from technology, eat some veges: I forgot I'm his mother.t






Sunday breakfast. Scrabble, coffee and  blueberry and ricotta pancakes with berries, berry coulis, yoghurt, ice cream and of course maple syrup.

 


Thanks for the game Rick.[ I won]





Canasta and Passionfruit Tart. Just add 9 passionfruits pulp instead of 3 large lemons juice and rind to your fave Lemon tart recipe.Then try not to overcook it. Still yum





We don't have a fire pit as such but we do make a great fire in our metal wheelbarrow. On a cold night, and there's been a few, it's so toasty warm and outdoorsy to have dinner around it. Chat and toast marshmallows. Muscat for the grownups! Roasted chestnuts for the first time.
 Louis and Rick decided to go camping for 1 night at The Cumberland River[Lorne] in an 'Eco tent'. The next night they joined me at our friends' Kerri and Jack, who live in Lorne. Always good to spend time with them and in such  beautiful landscape. We saw a whale! Camping pics later.



Rick hypnotised by the fire.






Boys out at the footy and me on my lonesome. What a relaxing evening! Didn't have to ask anyone what they wanted for dinner. Roasted a spatchcock wrapped with prosciutto and stuffed with half a lemon- seared then in a hot oven for 25 mins. Steamed broccollini and bok choy with crumbled said prosciutto, a dollop of fresh hoummus with half the spatchcock. Delicious!
 Sat down with a glass of pinot grigio and watched 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.





'

Extra chocolaty biscuits with raspberry[trying to add some goodness]. Ricks lunchbox[above] stole a few.









Comfort food for Louis, spinach and ricotta tortellini with a light tomato/oregano sauce. Parmesan and a bit of mozzarella melted through. I got a big hug for this.


Louis and I are getting along really well now. We've broken through some barrier, talked through it really. I'll discuss that soon because it hit a low before improving and I know others are going through it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment