Thursday, March 21, 2013


Me and my soon to be teen last year at Disneyland.
Why the blog?


To share ideas. Give and receive. 

Share what?
Good living ideas for families, teens and people.
Why?
For fun, harmony, strength, health...enough of the questions, just read and see if it's for you.

Three more weeks and my son turns 13. Partytime!
I've spent more time than I should have researching cool teens party ideas. ENOUGH CUTESY!! They are teens and want/need a little cool right now.
This year the trend seems to be[among his peers] to have a birthday party at home, we haven't done that for about 5 years and I've got to say I've missed it so much[though we do always have a great halloween party].  Yes,  lots of work but so much Fun.


So I carefully began by asking what sort of food he might like there to be, "everyone has pizza at their parties"
"...o.k, but if you could have whatever you want what would that be? What are your favourite foods?...maybe nachos?" "oh, yeah!" "maybe little hamburgers?" "yeah and dumplings, sushi and spring rolls"
 I love cooking and will happily make these things, though I'm no stranger to a few shortcuts.

There must be a pinata. Whatever the age, if it looks great and is filled with great stuff it will always be a hit.
Making a pinata is easy especially if you choose an easy[yet fab] subject. The Minecraft Creeper was my first thought but someone else is doing that this weekend. Spongebob is my next choice[Louis doesn't know what he wants yet] or being close to easter it could be a bunny.  





 Note to self: Must remember to keep it cool. Not so sure about Bob







 


Scavenger Photo Hunt.Teams of 3 or 4 with a list to hunt down and photograph as proof. 1 hour time limit. No driving around, just in and around house/garden and close participating neighbours' gardens. Could be done at a park. Make the items fun/funny and challenging but not too challenging. Riddle e.g ' I have a head and a tail but no arms and legs[include a team members' face in photo of item]. As well as things like-photo of 2 team members picking their noses, 2 team members make the number 13 with their bodies, photo of whole team with a dog/cat/duck/chicken,
The other great thing about this scavenger hunt is photos done on phone can be emailed to you or downloaded onto computer from camera or phone so A you can judge the winning team B you can print and share best ones and C I don't know about you but with the best intentions, taking photos goes by the wayside when I'm in the midst of the party. So hey presto the kids have done it for you!!
I've made 13 hunt questions, that may last an hour maybe not. Oh and draw team from a hat or let them bust a balloon with a team colour in it. It's fair and quick.

I've started buying glo sticks. Soooo much can be done with glo sticks.




 Wrap glostick in plastic, add fairy floss from CANDY BAR[ more on that later]




Preferably outside, hang from hills hoist or trees water+glostick filled balloons in white knee/thigh high  or cut cheap stockings of any colour.White balloons are best.
Mix glostick liquid with bubble blowing liquid and blow beautiful bubbles. 




 
 Don't have a pool? neither do I just put glostick in balloon and put anywhere- stick on wall, ceiling or just put on floor=looks great. Or throw outside in garden.

 
Even put inbetween two plastic cups for drinks.    More ideas please

No comments:

Post a Comment